Using photographic images
Most images on this website and most images on my Flickr site are covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license.
If you’d like to use one of my images and it fits under the Creative Commons license, you may download it from my Flickr site (almost most photos are in high resolution on the Flickr site). If needed I have unaltered original jpg and Nikon Raw files for most images. Original image sizes vary, but most are 3872 x 2592 pixels, more recent ones are 4912 x 7360 pixels, stitched panoramas even larger.
I’d appreciate receiving a link to where you use it or a copy of the hardcopy presentation for my portfolio. Attribution is always appreciated but usually not requested. Occasionally I have asked for a photo not to be used if the editorial content of the site goes against my sensibilities.
If you’d like to use the image for commercial purposes, I’d be thrilled. Please contact me at email@example.com. For small commercial projects (use for advertising, websites etc), I typically charge $150 CND ($100 US) per image for unlimited, non-exclusive use.
Here are some links to where my photos are being used on the internet:
- Arch Daily — 10 fastest growing and declining cities
- Rabble.ca — Suburbs vs. cities — whose utopias?
- The Conversation.com — Sydney Harbour’s toxic legacy shows value of green safety net
- UBC.ca — ELI Blog: Life in Gage Towers
- Thisischile.cl — Chile’s official website
- University of North Carolina — Lighthouses of St Pierre and Miquelon
- David Suzuki Foundation — Our perceptual filters shape the world
- Inside Vancouver — Westham Island
- Moderator Gary Paterson, United Church of Canada — Banff Men’s Conference
- Photos of Vancouver Traffic at Night
- Yahoo Finance — 9 common myths about technology
- The Keg Tap — Craft Beers?
- Travel Blissful — Manzanita Lake
- Small Town Spotlight: Jackson, Wyoming
- Life after trauma — PTSD Simple Uncomplicated Christmases
- Skyscraper City — Empress
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London, U.K.
- Kuriositas — VLA